Monday, January 5, 2009

The Start

Ok, so it just occured to me that all these thoughts running through my head on a daily basis might be good to get out. In one month I will be turning 30, ugh! Not that I think 30 is old by any stretch but I think it has kind of snuck up on me. I ran into a former co-worker tonight, someone who has much more life experience than myself. We worked together at my high school job, it has been almost 13 years since I first met her. It got me thinking, at 17 years old where did I think I would be at by 30? Where did I think I would be...have I accomplished what I thought I would? In some ways I think I have done more, I have a wonderful husband who I have been married to for 8 years and 2 of the best kids anyone could ask for. I get to stay home, for the most part, and raise my kids. I have been truly blessed! Sometimes I feel something is missing....that is me. I am nowhere near the person I was...back in the day! I have let myself go. I used to take pride in me and I have let that go by the wayside. My goal for 30 is to get myself back. I have said many times, "this is it, I am going to start working out and eating right," and just as many times I haven't stuck with it. I am just average in my mind and I am no longer content with just being average. I want to be spectacular. I read a blog posted by a good friend of mine, it was more than a blog about her weightloss journey, it was about finding herself. She will be my inspiration and if she will allow I will post her blog. So here it goes......to the best of myself 2009-----I turn 30!!

1 comment:

  1. Whoohoo!! I think you're off to a great start by journaling. If it wasn't for my journal, I would have never found myself. I hope you still find comfort in a public journal (this blog) because I'd love to grow alongside you... but if this doesn't work out, keep up a diary of some sort on paper. Horray for 30!

    ReplyDelete